Tuesday, February 3, 2009

After the work day

There’s no state-powered electricity, but the generator is on—running on its last few litres.

A friend’s driver ventured out to buy N2,000 fuel.

That's my weekly budget for self- generated electricity.

Thank God for kind help. He also re-fueled and pulled the gen.

While I sleep, I hope electricity comes. I won't be surprised if doesn't. I won't notice if it does.

Lagos driving irked me yesterday. Today I read a magazine.

I ’ve washed my dinner plates, ironed my work clothes and taken out my contacts.

I need to talk about my country...

10 comments:

  1. Gosh you know traffic is bad when you have time to read a magazine.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry it will get better one day.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well, let's all talk about the country.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks like someone is coping.

    Sis, have you decided to stay?

    ReplyDelete
  5. @GNG, actually someone else was driving, I just couldn't face the traffic that day! wasap girl?

    @LusciousRon, yes it will, very very soon.

    @Solomonsydelle, yes, think, talk and act. How are your troopers?

    @standtall, I'm realy enjoying myself. As for staying-I like to say yes, but I am always up for an adventure.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hellooooo,

    First time here in your compound. Sorry for the intrusion.

    So you are a JJC as well. Interesting stuff. I am.

    Well, welcome to 9ja. I know we would applaud our move as long as we refuse to get frustrated by the facilities yonder which can sometimes be seen as privileges over here.

    I am here to stay though.

    God bless and see you next time.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Nice post. you really do get used to Nigeria after a bit

    ReplyDelete
  8. uhhhhh can we get a new blog??? uhh...ok...yeah thanks...

    ReplyDelete
  9. There's basically little you can do after a work day, especially if work ends by 5:-)

    I hope the electricity improves though

    ReplyDelete